söndag 17 november 2013

Vintage Thistle Cardigan


Knitting vintage patterns were so much fun I just couldn't contain myself. After a long period of having to choose what I would knit, I fell for this cardigan from 1947 with thistles on it. The red yarn on a cone that I found in a thrift store a couple of weeks back were perfect and I added white yarn is a similar quality from Rauma, called Finullsgarn.
I have to say that so far, things are moving on much quicker then I feared they would even though the needles are really tiny (2 mm) and I have to knit from the wrong side half of the time. I guess the real neverendingstoryness will come with the sleeves, but that's a later problem.
This is fun! I see myself knit lots and lots of vintage patterns in the future. 

Oh, and if you speak swedish and want to win some really neat prices, you should go to Hedvig Handarbetar and join the lottery.
I forgot the dashhound pic! Fixed it...

2 kommentarer: